TORONTO, Oct. 1, 2018 – The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) announced today it is accepting submissions for the 2019 JUNO Awards. Submissions are open from Monday, October 1, 2018 to Friday, November 9, 2018 at www.junosubmissions.ca
In order to be considered for nomination for the 2019 JUNO Awards, national music release dates must fall between the eligibility period of September 1, 2017 and November 9, 2018.
Key submission dates and deadlines:
- October 1, 2018 – Submissions open
- October 19, 2018; 5 p.m. EST – Deadline for discounted early-bird submissions
- November 9, 2018; 5 p.m. EST – Deadline for submissions
- November 30, 2018 – Submissions for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year open
- January 4, 2019; 5 p.m. EST – Submissions for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year close
For full submission eligibility requirements click here.
CARAS has also introduced the following changes this year:
Streaming Only Releases
- Music only available via a recognized national music streaming provider will now be eligible. Product must be released via a nationally accessible streaming service that has paid subscriptions, full catalogue, or on-demand streaming. Eligible streaming services are Canadian versions of Amazon Music, Apple Music, Google Play Music, Napster, Slacker, Soundcloud PRO, Spotify, Tidal.
Rap Recording of the Year
- The nominees for Rap Recording of the Year will now be determined by equal weight of consumption and judge vote.
Jack Richardson Producer of the Year
- If an artist submits their own work to the category, they must have also produced another artist’s work (one track minimum) within three years of the current eligibility criteria deadline (proof may be required).
Artist and Group of the Year
- In order to submit in these categories, qualifying artists must have been previously recognized by The JUNO Awards.
PwC is the Official Ballot Accountants for the 2019 JUNO Awards.
Official JUNO Awards website:www.junoawards.ca