APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2019 CMPA INDIESCREEN AWARDS!
• Applicant(s) must have or have had a feature film screening in either 2018 or 2019 at one of the following 4 festivals:
– Toronto International Film Festival
– Calgary International Film Festival
– FIN: Atlantic International Film Festival
– Vancouver International Film Festival
• Those who previously applied for the 2018 Indiescreen Awards may do so again this year. However, 2018 Indiescreen Awards nominees are not eligible to reapply.
• The qualifying film must have a runtime of at least 60 minutes.
• The eligible festival selection must be a Canadian film; in the case of co-productions, the film must be a majority Canadian production.
• Only the lead producer (or producing team) may apply.
• In the event that there is a producing team wishing to submit an application, the team must have made at least 3 features films together. Otherwise, the team must choose a producer to submit in the category for which they are eligible.
• A film cannot be submitted more than once, meaning it cannot be submitted in both the established and emerging categories.
• Applicant producer(s) must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
• The Established Producer Award, presented annually since 2006, recognizes a Canadian independent feature film producer’s body of work, as well as their contribution toward defining the reputation of Canadian cinema on the world stage.
– – Producers wishing to apply for the Established Producer Award must have produced at least three feature films over the course of their career. This includes their eligible festival selection.
• The Emerging Producer Award, renamed the Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award, was added to the CMPA awards program in 2016 to highlight the extraordinary talents of an up-and-coming producer with bright career prospects.
– – Producers wishing to apply for the Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award must have produced two feature films or fewer over the course of their career. This includes their eligible festival selection.
• Previous winners of the Established Producer Award (or the CMPA Feature Film Producer Award) are welcome to reapply five years after their award win. Emerging Producer Award winners may apply again after three years.
• Applicants are not required to be CMPA members.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
AUGUST 9, 2019 12 PM EST