The Writers Lab is a four-day script development workshop that gives women screenwriters over 40 the opportunity to work intensively on their feature film scripts with the support of established writers, directors, and producers. The retreat takes place near NYC, but in the countryside: beautiful and private locations that minimize distractions and promote creativity and confidence. Through one-on-one meetings, panel discussions, guest speakers, and group meals, Mentors and Writers engage in a rigorous process that provides support in both the craft and commerce of screenwriting.
The 2018 Writers Lab will be at WIAWAKA, on Lake George, NY, from Tuesday, September 25, to Saturday, September 29.
- Deadline: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST
- Fee: $55.00
- Member Fee: $35.00 (NYWIFT, other WIF chapters, and WGA members)
(Members of other Women in Film chapters must provide proof of membership via a letter from their chapter’s staff or Board President.)
The Lab is an intensive four-day script development retreat for women screenwriters over 40.
Meeting one on one and in panels with outstanding female film professionals, as well as in peer groups and directed discussion sessions, talented writers examine and refine their work while building a unique and powerful community.
Selections are blind and based solely on the merit of the screenplay submitted. We welcome all genres of narrative feature-length scripts:
- from women who have a compelling story and a cinematic vision.
- from women with or without previous industry experience.
- from women open to feedback and revision
- from women eager to forge career-building peer relationships
- from women of any country who have written an English language feature-length narrative screenplay.
- from women of all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural groups.