CBC today announced the launch of CBC Listen, a new audio streaming service offering best-in-class Canadian content across award-winning CBC Podcasts, CBC Radio and CBC Music on the easy-to-navigate website and app. A one-stop destination, CBC Listen transports audiences into a world of sound, providing access to more than 200 free, curated CBC Music playlists featuring brand new releases from Canadian artists; CBC’s full podcast catalogue, including critically acclaimed series Someone Knows Something, Uncover, Front Burner and Love Me; and the ability to listen to CBC Radio One and CBC Music radio shows live, with select shows on-demand.
“The new CBC Listen is a curated audio ecosystem with ‘Canadian’ at its very core,” said Susan Marjetti, Executive Director of CBC Radio and Audio, CBC . “We are thrilled to officially launch the new CBC Listen offer and provide Canadians with an opportunity to further explore and discover even more great content from CBC Radio, CBC Music and CBC Podcasts.”
Richard Kanee, Executive Director of Digital Strategy, CBC, added, “Ease of use, discoverability and personalization are all key to the audience experience we are delivering with the new CBC Listen service. We’re excited to evolve with feedback from Canadians and ensure we are developing a distinct digital audio service that truly connects and reflects this country.”
Key features of CBC Listen include:
● A personalized audio experience with the ability to bookmark content for future listening and access recently played content
● The versatile service allows users to cast audio to any AirPlay or Chromecast enabled device
● CBC Music playlists are sorted by genre, including folk, jazz, electronic, pop, rock, classical, hip-hop and country as well as themed playlists such as Chill Out , Indigenous Hip-Hop, Film Scores, and Workout Mix for easy discoverability
● The ability for a user to pick up where they left off with continuous play on bookmarked and downloaded content
● A sleep timer to customize listening to the user’s schedule
● 100% free access to CBC Listen, with no fees or subscriptions required
– 30 –
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s national public broadcaster. Through our mandate to inform, enlighten and entertain, we play a central role in strengthening Canadian culture. As Canada’s trusted news source, we offer a uniquely Canadian perspective on news, current affairs and world affairs. Our distinctively homegrown entertainment programming draws audiences from across the country. Deeply rooted in communities, CBC/Radio-Canada offers diverse content in English, French and eight Indigenous languages. We also deliver content in Spanish, Arabic and Chinese, as well as both official languages, through Radio Canada International (RCI). We are leading the transformation to meet the needs of Canadians in a digital world.