This program supports the development and presentation of all genres of music by Ontario-based professional musicians, ad hoc groups/collectives and organizations. Activities include rehearsal and repertoire development, single performances/concerts, concert series, music festivals, opera productions and second-stage opera workshops.
Priority will be given to the following:
- Activities that engage Ontario and Canadian professional musicians with appropriate fees, and support the work of Ontario and Canadian composers and songwriters, unless restricted by genre (e.g. early music).
- Projects that advance the development of music in Ontario.
- Projects that enhance the range of live music activity available to the public. Activities that, in addition to the above, may contribute to arts education, public participation and community involvement in the arts in Ontario.
- Original work by Ontario-based composers and songwriters used in rehearsal and repertoire development, and second-stage opera workshops.
April 4 and October 3, 2017, 1 p.m. ET
- Applications are available online approximately two months before the deadline.
- Grant results will be available approximately four months after the deadline.
- Individual professional musicians – maximum $20,000
- Professional ad hoc music groups, collectives and music organizations – maximum $20,000
- Semi-professional, community and choral training organizations – maximum $6,000
- Semi-professional and community orchestras – maximum $25,000