PRODUCTION TITLE: HOLIDAY INN
STATUS: UNION (NON-UNION MAY ALSO APPLY)
COMPANY: SHAW FESTIVAL
AUDITION DATE: Wed August 21, 2019 from 1pm – 7pm
AUDITION LOCATION: TBC
REHEARSALS START: October 8, 2019
PERFORMANCE DATES: November 16 to December 22, 2019
VENUE: SHAW FESTIVAL, 10 Queen’s Parade, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, L0S 1J0
PAY RATE: TBC
ETHNO CULTURAL STATEMENT: As always, the Shaw Festival encourages submissions from Artists of all ethno-cultural backgrounds.
CHARLIE WINSLOW – 9-12 YRS OLD (OPEN TO ALL GENDERS)
We are seeking an unsentimental, straightforward young person (9-12) to play Charlie Winslow – a bank messenger – ten going on forty. Excellent acting skills are essential. Strong singing and movement ability, a plus. Some singing and movement ability, essential. We will hire two young people to play Charlie. Casting is gender fluid.
• We are hiring local children only.
• Must read from the script and present a song of choice, preferably Musical Theatre.
• Attended by Director Kate Hennig, Music Director Paul Sportelli, and Choreographer Allison Plamondon.
• To apply please fill in the application form (link below) and submit a resume and a headshot or recent photo.
• If your child is selected for an audition, you will be notified by Wednesday August 14, 2019.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
FRIDAY, JULY 26TH AT 6:00PM
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an audition will be contacted.