Breakfast Television Toronto is looking for a News Producer, capable of producing news broadcasts and content. Reporting to the Supervising Producer, the successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional editorial skills while producing compelling news packs that inform and engage our audience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of a team, you will liaise with hosts, assignment, and writers to create news programming within BT Toronto – including show lineup, script and graphic approval, reporter assignments, and visuals
- Oversee writers and associate producers in the creation of fast-paced, compelling and informative news stories
- Produce newscasts every 15 minutes within 3.5 hour show
- Take ownership of news content within BT Toronto
- Source news stories from a variety of outlets to create and present strategic daily content.
- Use editorial judgment to vet and produce stories
- Recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
- Ensure that content is factually and grammatically correct, and follows the designed style-guide.
- Screen and select footage from internal and external libraries
- Feeds coordination and booking, as required.
- Develop network of local contacts
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years of TV news producing, writing or reporting experience
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Understanding of editorial and production needs for morning TV audience
- Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Control room and field production experience an asset.
- Journalism or post-secondary broadcasting degree/diploma preferred
- Sound communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.rogers.com/job/Toronto-Producer-Breakfast-Television-ON-M5B-1B8/508755400/ →