JOB TITLE: CONTENT PRODUCER, MONTREAL/QUEBEC, BELL MEDIA
POSITION TYPE: MANAGEMENT
JOB STATUS: REGULAR – FULL TIME
POSITION LEVEL: CP2
JOB LOCATION: CANADA : QUEBEC : MONTREAL
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10/25/2020
Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We always look for qualified internal applicants within our own team to support their development.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Do you want to join a news team focused on authentic, fresh & exciting reporting; exploring the daily news, which affects Quebecers lives the most?
Noovo is creating a news service for TV and digital offering a new voice to Quebecers with a modern tone and format. We are looking for French language Media professionals to join our expert team of producers, journalists, editors, technicians. We will focus on bringing an exciting new voice to daily news for Quebecers and want to inform Quebecers in a different way; more in tune with today’s consumer habits.
The successful candidate has excellent news judgement, and the highest standards. If you are the kind of news professional with fresh ideas, who is not afraid to try something new and who encourages your team to take risks & create news that grabs your attention, show us what you’ve got!
- Responsible for the production one or more newscasts
- Determine the means of production required for the production under their responsibility; see to the development of, and compliance with, the direction and production criteria
- Determine the pacing of the show in collaboration with the senior information manager and ensure the means to deliver within the set parameters are implemented
- Assign journalists and camera operators according to needs; see that the production meets the standards prescribed by the management
- Lead production meetings
- Be the resource person for all departments involved in the show assigned to them (technical, editorial, communication, etc.)
- See that all content necessary for the show’s production is obtained, whether it is journalists’ reports; images from local, national, and international feeds; or elements from the Web
- Direct digital news stories intended for Web platforms collaboratively with the journalists,
- Writ texts to be read on the air by the host or by a journalist
- Ensure compliance with current ethical standards and that information transmitted on any of the platforms is true and verified
- Coach personalities and journalists on their delivery, tone, etc.
- Manage the budgetary parameters assigned to them
- Ensured compliance with the regulatory conditions of the news report assigned to them
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, film, or communications, or other training relevant to the position
- Minimum of eight years of experience
- Solid command of production technology, both for TV and the Web
- Broad knowledge of local, national and international news
- Ability to identify the best topics, and demonstrated creativity
- High tolerance for stress, and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated autonomy
- Experience in team management
- Recognized for their leadership qualities
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10/25/2020