Job Title/Position: Depth Artist
Schedule: Full time – Permanent
Location: Toronto, Canada
Studio: Stereo D
What makes us stand out?
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, as well as VFX. Working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as THE AVENGERS, CAPTAIN MARVEL, AVATAR, and STAR WARS. We have a team filled with extremely friendly, creative, hardworking, accepting and happy people! Our production teams and artists are among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., (www.bydeluxe.com) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.
As a company focused on stereoscopic conversion, the 3D Depth Artist is at the center of it all. We’re looking for individuals with a good “stereo eye,” a working knowledge of Nuke, and a healthy dose of team spirit! Taking direction/critiques, interpreting notes and learning/applying new skills are key parts of everyday life in our studio.
- Use Nuke compositing to add 3D dimension to 2D images.
- Use knowledge of perspective and anatomy to place objects in 3D space.
- Consistently hit quota while maintaining the quality expectations for the studio
- Proven ability of self-time management
- Work closely with the depth lead and stereo supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills.
- Remain up to speed on the pipeline and procedures.
- You must be able to see stereo
- You have an excellent artistic ability/aptitude
- You have experience and knowledge of compositing within Nuke
- Any core animation skills
- Previous Professional Experience in Stereoscopy or VFX
- Experience/Knowledge of After Effects
- Ability to create gizmos within Nuke
We embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects:
Inclusion is a collaborative, supportive, and respectful environment that increases the participation and contribution of all employees! Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
CLICK THE APPLY FOR JOB BUTTON BELOW
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an interview will be contacted.