The Junior Festival Social Media Producer is responsible for producing and executing content for TIFF’s Industry social media channels during TIFF ‘20. Reporting to the Manager, Social Media, and working closely with the TIFF Industry team, the Junior Producer will build TIFF Industry’s social media presence to amplify Industry offerings, products, and events – and increase visibility of TIFF Talent and programme alumni.
The core of this role is executed through the creation of compelling content based on a strong understanding of TIFF Industry’s goals and objectives.
Shall include but not be limited to:
- Produce engaging content to amplify TIFF ‘20 Industry offerings, products, and events on social media channels, including key sponsor, founder, and partner acknowledgements
- Increase online visibility of TIFF Talent and Share Her Journey alumni (and their projects) by researching alumni in official selection and gathering their programme details and social media handles
- Sourcing images from our photography archives
- Customer support and community management (i.e. How to navigate online industry components: P&I screenings, networking tools, online Conference sessions, etc.)
- Live event coverage and online moderation during the Festival Industry Conference
- Think creatively to find innovative ways to engage TIFF’s Industry online audiences before and during Festival
- Monitor TIFF Industry’s social media channels and contribute to an ongoing analysis of how content is performing, including analytics reporting
- Day-to-day maintenance and production across social networks
- Other duties, as assigned
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
- August 12 to September 19, 2020
- Previous experience working in social media or online communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and take initiative
- Proficiency across social platforms, listening and publishing tools
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere) is an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Strong understanding of film industry is an asset
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre. Please do not click on the “Apply for this Job” button, instead apply via this link.
- Please paste your resume into text box, and upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, before WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2020.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time.TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to [email protected].
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at [email protected] or 416-599-8433 x2013. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.
TIFF acknowledges the sacred land where we work, live, share stories, and connect communities. This land is the territory of the Huron-Wendat and Petun First Nations, the Seneca, and, most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.