TSC - THE SHOPPING CHANNEL
Job Title: Make-Up Artist
Company: TSC – The Shopping Channel
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Production
Requisition ID: 132072
The Makeup Artist is responsible for styling the overall On-Air look in partnership with the Fashion Stylists for all TSC talent including hosts and guests and across all platforms. This position is responsible to consult with talent to understand their hair & makeup styling needs, while having a full understanding of the overall TSC brand, as well as the specific branding style each host and guest.
The Makeup Artist must ensure that the brand is stylistically executed, while taking location, lighting, product, strategy, and the individual into consideration since the talent is presenting product on a variety of platforms.
Responsible for host, and guest image relative to hair & makeup for TSC live broadcast. This includes but not limited to:
- Achieve clean looks for HD camera, whiles considering lighting
- Oversee the image needs of Talent on set to maintain beauty image during production as necessary to compensate for lighting changes and to achieve continuity. Communicate with production staff when immediate touch-ups are needed. Required to stand by during production or shoots, touch up makeup & hair.
- Candidate may also be required to work on model hair and makeup for creative/digital promo shoots, on site or on location
- Style various styles on different hair textures & lengths. Specialized techniques in air-forming & hot irons, use of appropriate tools & products to achieve specific looks.
- Ensure all tools, brushes and product used have been cleaned & sanitized prior to each client. Maintain work space during and after shift including communicating supply needs, wiping down and sanitizing counters.
- Ability to reach with arms, use heat producing tools, twist, bend, and reach.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness as well as textures.
- Ability to manage high volume work load, operating at an accelerated pace
- Candiate MUST be available to works flexible shifts on weekdays, evenings and weekends
CLICK THE APPLY FOR JOB BUTTON BELOW
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an interview will be contacted.