Job Title: Manager, Social Media
Start Date: Nov 18, 2019
Salary From: 55K To 60K
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Employee Benefits: Health, Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.)
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Intermediate
Application Deadline: Oct 28, 2019
Toronto International Film Festival
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Social Media Manager
TIFF’s Manager, Social Media is responsible for management, development, execution and measurement of TIFF’s major social media platforms to support and promote TIFF’s brand. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand, the Manager works in conjunction with the Communications & Brand senior team to build TIFF’s social media presence and promote the TIFF brand and its programming through the engagement of its online community.
Shall include but not be limited to:
- Lead social media content curation that engages, entertains, and grows TIFF’s digital audiences.
- Manage content campaigns, from ideation to execution.
- Support TIFF’s mission, programming, and partners.
- Work to support Senior Manager, Brand by supervising daily content execution and workflow for two year-round Social Media Producers, and seasonal Festival Social Media Producers and Photographers
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish content priorities and publishing
- Create sustainable processes for social media team to help maximize brand objectives and manage content expectations between departments.
- Propose strategies that will contribute to the organisation’s marketing and PR campaigns impacting the growth and engagement of TIFF’s online community, in line with key strategic plans and programming outputs, in collaboration with the Communications and Brand Management team
- Lead all analytics and reporting – monitor social channels and provide ongoing analysis / tracking of campaigns and social media metrics
- Manage social media ambassador and influencer strategies, in partnership with the Communications team, to amplify TIFF’s mission
- Collaborate with the Customer Services team on customer support and online community management
- Think creatively (and visually)
- Identify social media trends and provide recommendations; keep up with industry standards
- Day-to-day maintenance and production across social networks
- Be a key advisor for internal and external stakeholders in relation to social media
- Degree or diploma in film, journalism, communications or digital media is an asset
- 2-3 years of previous experience managing staff and volunteers
- Minimum 5 years experience working in social media
- Proficiency across social media platforms
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including photo, graphic, and video editing
- Proficiency across social listening and publishing tools
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
CLICK THE APPLY FOR JOB BUTTON BELOW
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an interview will be contacted.