ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS & GHOULS’ NIGHT OUT AUDITIONS at HERITAGE PARK
The Heritage Park Players will be presenting various interactions, plays and musicals around Heritage Park for its 2019 Once Upon A Christmas and Ghouls’ Night Out Halloween events. Actors may submit for roles in both Christmas and Halloween as rehearsals and performances will not conflict.
These are NON-EQUITY productions and auditions
GHOULS’ NIGHT OUT
The Heritage Park Players will be presenting various interactions indoors and outdoors around Heritage Park for its 2019 Ghouls’ Night Out Halloween Event.
INDOOR CAST OF CHARACTERS:
A Toy’s Story – A New Adventure with Sheriff Woody – A 20 Minute play in the Canmore Opera House
Script by: Melissa Dorsey, Trevor Matheson & Jane Oliphant
Directed by Trevor Matheson
Play Run Time: 20 minutes
After being sent to a thrift store WOODY and BOW PEEP adventure to save REX from being melted down in toaster oven by G. I. FAIRY JOE as he endeavours to re-mold his fairy legs.
• WOODY – A Sheriff Doll
• BOW PEEP
• REX – A T-Rex Toy
• RAGGEDY ANN 1 & 2 – Drawn on, hair chopped and burnt, mis-used, roughed up dolls
• G.I. FAIRY JOE – Top half is a GI Joe doll with hot-glued fairy wings. Bottom half is a tutu with tights and ballerina slippers. Top-heavy, always falling over. Feet always walk gracefully.
The Addams Family Dinner – Character Interactions in the Famous Five Interpretive Centre
Script by: Trevor Matheson
Play Run Time: 15min
The Addams Family take you on a tour of their home culminating in a family dinner.
• UNCLE FESTER
• COUSIN IT
OUTDOOR CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Sith Lord vs Jack Sparrow: A Lightsaber Fight
Jack investigates the remains of an Imperial crashed space shuttle, making away with some precious diamonds. A Sith Lord awakens from crashed cock-pit to challenge Jack to an epic lightsaber fight to Pirates of the Caribbean style music.
• JACK SPARROW – a pirate from the movie “Pirates of the Caribbean”
• SITH LORD – A dark lord from the “Star Wars” movie universe
Audrey 3 & Seymour:
Audrey 3, a new breed of plant life unknown to this planet, attempts to convince Seymour to feed him with Zombie body parts. They sing a parody of song bits from Little Shop of Horrors.
• AUDRY 3 – A plant puppet mascot-like costume. (Singing is an asset).
• SEYMOUR – The keeper of Audrey. (Singing is an asset).
Zoltar the Fortune Teller vs Esmerelda the Gypsy
Similar to the booth from the movie “Big”; guests will line up to have Zoltar tell them their fortune. He is competing for business with his nemeses Esmerelda the Gypsy.
• ZOLTAR – a live version of the animatronic version in the movie “Big”
• ESMERALDA – An eccentric fortune teller lady
Young Frankenstein and his/her Patient
It’s alive, it’s alive! Young Frankenstein operates on their newest patient bringing it to life with a series of different personalities that the audiences controls.
• DR. FRANKENSTEIN
Hansel and Gretel Character interactions from Hoodwinked
• Rehearsals will begin Friday, Sept 13 and will continue until the first performance on Thursday, October 24.
• There will be 2 – 3 rehearsals a week for the Toy’s Story script and actors will only be called as needed. There will be 3 rehearsals prior to the event for the other roles. They will consist of evenings (6:30pm-10pm) and weekends (various times).
• Rehearsals will be held at Heritage Park.
HALLOWEEN TECH/DRESS REHEARSALS:
• A TOY’S STORY ONLY: Sunday, Oct 20 (2pm-10pm) & Monday, Oct 21 (6pm-10pm)
• ALL HALLOWEEN: Wednesday, Oct 23 (6pm-10pm)
HALLOWEEN PERFORMANCE INFO:
• Call time will be one hour before.
• Performers will be released after hanging their costume from their last performance of the day.
HALLOWEEN PERFORMANCE DATES:
• October 24 (6pm-9pm)
• October 25 (6pm-9pm)
• October 26 (5:30pm-9pm)
• October 27 (4pm-7:30pm)
• Persons submitting must be available for all performance dates. No exception.
ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS
The Heritage Park Players will be presenting a new musical in the Opera House at Heritage Park for its 2019 Once Upon A Christmas Event.
THE SECRET OF SANTA’S WORKSHOP (A NEW CHRISTMAS MUSICAL)
Script and Lyrics by: Trevor Matheson & Melissa Dorsey
Music by: Melissa Dorsey
Directed by : Melissa Dorsey
Play Run Time: 35 minutes
The evil Edna Frost steals magic dust to affect the speed of time and the ability to fly so that she can claim to be the first person to discover Santa’s Workshop and the North Pole.
CAST OF CHARACTERS:
• Robert Peary – (M) Noted Arctic Explorer
• Edna Frost – (F) Explorer, adventurer, and fame-seeking feminist
• Holly – (F) Highly efficient female elf, head of Logistics and Supply
• Foggy – (F/M)Very old head of Production, constantly nodding off
• Jitter – (F/M) Somewhat nervous and clumsy, head of Quality Control
• Sunshine – (F) Hyper-optimistic head of Finishing/Painting
• Huffy – (F/M) Grumpy, no-nonsense Workshop Foreman
• Santa – (M) Businesslike CEO, allows glimpses of the warm heart underneath
• Rehearsals will begin Saturday, Sept 14 and will continue until the first performance on Saturday, November 23.
• There will be 2 – 3 rehearsals a week and will consist of evenings (6pm-10pm) and weekends (various times).
• Rehearsals will be held at Heritage Park.
CHRISTMAS TECH/DRESS REHEARSALS:
• Sunday, November 17 (2pm-10pm) = Cue to Cue
• Tuesday, November 19 (6pm-10pm) = Tech Rehearsal
• Wednesday, November 20 (6pm-10pm) = Dress Rehearsal
• Thursday, November 21 (6pm-10pm) = Preview
CHRISTMAS PERFORMANCE INFO:
• There will be 4 performances a day in the Opera House at Heritage Park on Saturdays & Sundays starting Nov 23 and concluding Dec 22.
• Call time will be 10am.
• Shows will be at 11am, 12pm, 2pm, & 3pm.
• Performers will be released after hanging their costume from their last performance of the day (around 4pm).
• The show will be double cast. We will have a Saturday cast and a Sunday cast. If you wish to be considered to perform both Saturday and Sunday shows, please include that in your submission.
CHRISTMAS PERFORMANCE DATES:
• November 23/24
• November 30 and December 1
• December 7/8
• December 14/15
• December 21/22
Persons submitting must be available for either all the Saturday performance dates or all the Sunday performance dates. No exception.
CHRISTMAS and HALLOWEEN AUDITIONS:
• Saturday, Sept 7 @ 1pm-10pm
• Sunday, Sept 8 @ 1pm-10pm
• Monday, Sept 9 @ 6pm-10pm
• Please clearly indicate with your submission your availability for the audition dates.
• Auditions will be held at Heritage Park.
• Prepare given sides (to be sent upon audition confirmation.)
• CHRISTMAS ONLY: One Christmas carol. Please prepare only a 60sec selection of your piece.
• AUDRY 3/SEYMOUR ONLY: A 60sec selection of an upbeat musical theatre song to demonstrate your abilities.
• If auditioning with a song, please bring your own accompaniment. A CD player and a headphone jack will be provided. No accapella.
CASTING PERSONS IN ATTENDANCE: Artistic Liaison/Director – Trevor Matheson, Director – Melissa Dorsey
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Friday, September 6, 2019 @ 5pm.
Interested actors, email the following to Trevor Matheson
• Character(s) in which you’re interested
• Any availability conflicts for the audition times, rehearsal or performance dates
• If you have an agent – provide their name and telephone number
• Mention that you saw this notice on eBOSS Canada
• PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING EMAIL SUBJECT LINE FORMAT:
(Subject Line Example: HP 2019 CHRISTMAS/HALLOWEEN AUDITION SUBMISSION – <YOUR NAME>)
(Subject Line Example: HP 2019 CHRISTMAS/HALLOWEEN AUDITION SUBMISSION – JOHN SMITH)
Only those selected to audition will be contacted with an audition time. Heritage Park is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. Both Once Upon a Christmas and Ghouls Night Out are volunteer performance contracts. Equity members will not be seen at these auditions.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an audition will be contacted.