JOB TITLE: Photographer
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON
Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The mission of our creative team is to become the best cannabis agency in the world, creating a new benchmark for the performance and output of an internal creative team. Integral to this mission is creating an internal production team, Canopy Studios, to deliver fast, cost effective print, digital and video across our global brand portfolio. The Photographer will work with our internal production team, you will be responsible for producing, creating and post production of photography content including, but not limited to, website and social media materials, marketing collateral, e-commerce, branding and sales tools that meet the standards set by Canopy Growth. The role will champion unwavering attention to the craft of execution, while being part of a team and culture that has agility at the core of everything it does.
- Organize all photography shoots for busy Creative team including securing shooting space, shoot details, art direction, shot lists and propping
- Shoot and photograph merchandise on a monthly basis for e-commerce
- Shoot packaging and product for various applications and content creation
- On occasion shoot off-site events and team portraits
- Post production tasks include high end retouching, colour corrections and clipping paths
- Resizing of images following strict guidelines
- Upload of images to provincial selling sites and GS1
- Edit, manage, and maintain inventory records of collateral
- Own imagery data-base and reorganization of server assets
- Create and update existing SOP’s related to the role
- Source and secure stock photography
- Communicate brand vision through compelling imagery adhering to strict brand and Health Canada guidelines
- Collaborate with the creative team to bring concepts and creative ideas to life
- Adapt, respond, and deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Adhere to project timelines and have accountability for timelines assigned
- Utilize strong organizational skills that supports the rest of the team
- Stay current and on top of new trends, software and hardware
- Think outside the box with willingness to offer new and unique retouching solutions
- Are a true team player with a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Has solid communication skills and is capable of working well with a wide range of people across multiple disciplines
- Excellent organizational, time management, attention to detail, problem solving, and is solutions oriented
- Flexible and able to adapt to peak volume, rushed orders, changing timelines and priorities while maintaining a keen eye for detail and quality
- Ability to recognize and innovate better ways to accomplish production and creative objectives
- Are able to travel to Smiths Falls on a weekly basis
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years as a commercial product photographer
- 5+ years retouching and all post production work
- Willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Demonstrates high level of organization with data, imagery and asset management
- Collaborate with studio manager and creative team on concepts to deliver a well-produced, high-quality product, efficiently
- Motivation to produce a polished, high-quality product
- Creative mind
Portfolio samples highlighting shooting and retouching required.
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, Ontario.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
CLICK THE APPLY FOR JOB BUTTON BELOW
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an interview will be contacted.