CMU College of Makeup Art & Design
IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED – PLEASE SHARE
Job Title: Film Special Effects Makeup and Prosthetics Instructor
Employee Benefits: Health
Career Level: Intermediate
Salary: 60K – 80K
COMPANY: CMU College of Makeup Art & Design
Private college focused on training students in makeup art and design for the entertainment and fashion industries
CMU College of Makeup Art & Design – Film Special Effects Makeup and Prosthetics Instructor
~ This is a permanent full-time role. Language of instruction is English.
~ Benefits include Medical, Dental, Long Term Disability, Prescriptions
~ 37.5 hours/week – no overtime is expected
In a manner, which is consistent with the mission of the institution, the instructor will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the classroom and the delivery of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development approved curriculum and practical course materials. The instructor is responsible to assist every student in achieving success in the course programs.
Reporting to the Vice President, Academic, the Instructor will teach classes in Film and Television SPFX Makeup, Prosthetics and Creature Design courses.
- Teach courses using lectures, assignments and demonstration, in accordance with Ministry-approved curriculum and schedules
- Document student attendance and academic progress by grading assignments, examinations and tests, and uploading grades and attendance information into learning management systems
- Create a classroom learning environment that engages students and encourages involvement and participation from all students
- Be accessible to students outside classroom time to provide individual remedial instruction and guidance – in particular, each day during the half hour before and after class. Seek out students who are falling behind and encourage them to come in early/stay late for remedial instruction.
- Perform student support duties including counseling students with academic problems, providing student encouragement, and adapting curriculum to accommodate student learning styles and special needs
- Establish and communicate requirements & objectives for learning activities
- Advise Student Services in the event of any student non-compliance with college policies and procedures
- Manage classroom opening/closing, visual displays, class stock and supplies, and break schedules
- Ensure classroom equipment and facilities are adequate and functional. Advise Student Services of any issues
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment for students
- Oversee photo shoots
- Instruct and monitor students in the safe use of power tools, products which may be hazardous, machinery and laboratory equipment and materials
- Demonstrate sculpting, mould making, painting and application of Prosthetic Appliances for Film and Television
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and skills workshops
- College or University degree in related field: Makeup, Arts, Sculpture, Arts Education an asset
- Minimum ten years experience as Special Effects Film Makeup Artist
- Notable Credits
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment where a diversity of people and situations are encountered
- Strong leadership ability
SUBMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
If you are interested – you must submit the following to be considered
1 – PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME, CREDITS, COVER LETTER & YOUR CONTACT INFO
2 – MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS NOTICE ON eBOSS CANADA
3 – PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING EMAIL SUBJECT LINE FORMAT:
(Subject Line Example: PROSTHETICS INSTRUCTOR – <YOUR NAME>)
(Subject Line Example: PROSTHETICS INSTRUCTOR – JOHN DOE)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.