Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe (www.bydeluxe.com).
Stereo D is currently seeking a client focused Python Developer/Pipeline Technical Director to join our crew.
As a Pipeline Technical Director you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing new tools that enable your client group (artists, creative leads and supervisors) to complete their projects. Pipeline TDs provide critical technical support and assist in troubleshooting and debugging of production issues and enhancing the pipeline.
- Work closely with artistic staff to uncover their needs and develop effective tools to meet the complex requirements of the projects. Often the exact needs are unknown, and it is the responsibility of the Pipeline TD to determine the best solution that meets end user requirements.
- Optimize VFX and Stereo processes by writing and maintaining scripts for use on visual effects. This includes Identifying inefficiencies in existing tools and workflows and taking the initiative to improve processes.
- Maintenance and documentation of new tools and workflows.
- Test and deploy new tools, updates, and software to the floor
- Assist artists and support teams to troubleshoot and debug issues such as rendering, ingest failures or particle effects.
- Ability to recognize finite resources when developing new initiatives and tools, such as the impact to licenses, bandwidth, disk usage, or render cycles
- Keep current on new methods, software, and techniques used in post-production, and incorporating them into our pipeline where possible
- Works on and supports the pipeline initiatives of all facilities globally
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Python is required
- Experience supporting and developing for Nuke, After Effects, Silhouette, Maya, or other VFX applications is an asset.
- Must be customer service oriented and proactive in seeking opportunities to enhance
- Confidence in your ability to make accurate decisions under pressure
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/UNIX preferred
- Career focus for the visual effects industry strongly preferred
- Ability and interest in learning new skills autonomously highly desired
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
CLICK THE APPLY FOR JOB BUTTON BELOW
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an interview will be contacted.