VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network called VICELAND.
VICE’s award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Staff Writer, VICE.com
REPORTS TO: Editor-in-Chief VICE.com
OVERVIEW: VICE.com Canada is looking for a staff writer for our Toronto office. We are looking a writer with excellent reporting skills who can file fast, funny, and with an original voice. An ideal candidate is tapped into unexplored subcultures and is really serious about the absurd. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a growing media organization and reach a national and international audience daily.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write approximately five stories a week
- Pitch original stories daily
- Occasionally assist with CMS
- Occasionally assist with video
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Any other additional tasks as required
- University or College degree in a related field is recommended
- At least one to three years of experience writing daily copy
- A background in journalism is preferred, but not a requirement
- A strong social media presence is an asset
- Video production experience an asset
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an audition will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/vicecanada/jobs/1320580 →