Maya Visnyei Photography
Start Date: Aug 23, 2020
Salary From: 40K To 60K
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Administrative
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Intermediate
Maya Visnyei Photography
Maya Visnyei Photography is a full-service photography studio located in Toronto’s west-end. Owner Maya Visnyei is an active member of the photography industry, working with distinguished clients on a number of national brands and campaigns. Her work ranges from editorial to advertising, food, and lifestyle. Here, we place a strong focus on nurturing our clientele, as well as cultivating the new, creative relationships.
Studio Manager // Production Coordinator
Maya Visnyei Photography is a full-service photography studio located in Toronto’s west-end. Owner Maya Visnyei is an active member of the photography industry, working with distinguished clients on a number of national brands and campaigns. Her work ranges from editorial to advertising, food, and lifestyle. Here, we place a strong focus on nurturing our clientele, as well as cultivating new, creative relationships. When there’s downtime in the day, you can usually find us snacking away in the kitchen and drinking good coffee.
The Studio Manager/Production Coordinator at Maya Visnyei Photography is responsible for the coordination, preparation, and seeing through of all projects to their end. Superior time management, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills are vital to this role. The Studio Manager/Production Coordinator will maximize the quality of work and efficiency of the studio and ensure our client expectations are continually met. They will support a busy commercial photographer, facilitating the success and growth of a fast-paced creative environment. Our ideal candidate must be a highly motivated self starter who is results-focused and can effectively manage multiple projects at once. This role involves liaising with clients, design agencies, art directors, designers, account directors, and various studio personnel. The Studio Manager/Producer will report directly to the photographer working alongside artist reps, stylists, assistants, and digital retouchers.
• Support photographer in all aspects of pre-production and production of photography shoots
• Writing/editing commercial motion treatments/pitches
• Coordinating photographer’s calendar and staff – booking talent (stylists, assistants, models) for shoots
• Planning catering and breakfasts for shoots
• Oversee the operations of the studio to ensure all resources and processes are optimized
• Keeping the studio clean, organized, well-stocked, functional
• Source and recruit resource requirements including freelance, contract and full-time
• Proven ability in project management of commercial/creative projects in a fast-paced environment
• In-depth understanding of photography and commercials
• Process and detail-oriented with creative and analytical problem-solving skills
• Superior relationship and client relation skills and ability to communicate effectively
• Experience with managing budgets and scheduling
• Knowledge of management principles and ability to create procedures
• Mac-based computer knowledge
• Microsoft Office experience, including excel
• Must know Adobe Photoshop, Premiere & Capture One Software
• Web and FTP
• Familiar with Digital Archiving, File management & docket systems
• Must have valid Ontario driver’s license, and access to a vehicle.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma and/or equivalent experience with strong preference for communications, marketing, and production
• Two years professional experience in a coordinator position and/ studio based production preferred
Application Deadline: Aug 14, 2020
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.