TSC - The Shopping Channel
Todays Shopping Choice is a leading interactive, multi-channel retailer, offering a vast assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. As one of Canada’s most innovative and diversified retailers, The Shopping Channel incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry leaders to provide a unique shopping experience, where customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewellery, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics.
As the only live broadcast retailer in Canada, we operate within various channels of Broadcasting, Digital & Call Centers
**Please be sure to upload demo video as per instructions below.
As an On-Air Show Host with The Shopping Channel you will become the face of our brand. You will use your training, extensive product/market research, live television background and passion for the retail experience to build the stories that will engage our customers. Your ultimate goal is to drive demand sales, customer retention and new customer acquisition.
- Prepare for each and every hour using all available tools – script and given content, vendor and guest review, buyer review and pre-show meetings with On-Air Crews.
- Present all product offers on-air in a thoughtful, compelling and exciting manner. Ensure to portray an accurate representation of the product by leveraging Key Selling Points and research. Present all corporate concepts as they are defined and scripted. All presentations must include a call to action.
- Meet or exceed all demand and net sales targets. Report on reasons for variances on a post show feedback report.
- You must always display an aspirational yet attainable persona as dictated by the Corporate Style Guide. You will participate in regular Style Review and Planning sessions.
- Participate in all training activities as outlined by your Manager. These may include but aren’t limited to: In-house Product Training, Market Research, Industry Seminars and/or Accreditation, Vendor visits and Skills Review and Coaching. Please note that some of these activities may require travel.
- Participate in Monthly Department meetings.
- Take part in all internal and external social media and marketing activities as outlined
- Be available to commit to set-out schedule as well as cover other shifts as required.
- This position requires shift work outside of normal 9-5 business hours. All On-Air Show Hosts must be available to work hours as dictated by the schedule.
THE SHOPPING CHANNEL CASTING CALL
The Shopping Channel, Canada’s only home shopping network, is looking for personable, enthusiastic On-Air Hosts that will further our customer’s fun and fantastic shopping experience.
- An excellent speaker and/or product expert who relays information naturally, intelligently and credibly?
- A well rounded and upbeat person with life-experience and a passion for retail sales?
- Highly motivated, reliable, flexible and open to feedback?
How to apply
1. Provide us with a video showing us why you would be the perfect TSC Host. This should be recently shot and a maximum of 3 minutes. (Use the text box in the question below to post a link or use the “Add Attachments” section in the application)
Submissions will NOT be considered without a video clip.
2. Pick a product you love and tell us about it. Choose anything from jewelry, health and beauty, home products or electronics. Make your product shine!
ONLY SUBMISSIONS THAT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND SUBMIT A PROPER DEMO WILL BE CONSIDERED
Watch the Shopping Channel and get to know our products, Hosts and Guest experts. Also, the more you know about the latest trends, current events and what’s happening in the world, the more you can relate to our customer (target demographic) – who is married with kids, 35-55 and loves to shop! She’s the one you’re talking to!
Project a professional, confident, trustworthy image, but don’t be afraid to have fun. Watch your body language. Don’t slouch – smile and be positive. Be yourself and be comfortable. We are looking for real and relatable.
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.rogers.com/job/Mississauga-Show-Host-TSC-ON-L5T-2P9/497552200/ →