The Pumphouse Theatre has presented the Calgary Region One-Act Play Festival with the Alberta Drama Festival Association for over 30 years and we are excited to do so again!
Registration for 12 spots will open on a first-come, first serve basis beginning September 18th, 2019 at 12 pm. The Festival will be held March 18th – 21st, 2020 in the Victor Mitchell Theatre.
One play is chosen by a professional adjudicator to represent Calgary at the Provincial One-Act Festival. Winning plays from each region will receive travelling expenses or a grant to assist in funding their participation in the Provincial Festival by the Alberta Drama Festival Association.
• All registrations must be submitted no earlier than noon on September 18th, 2019 with a completed registration form and a $60 non-refundable registration fee.
• The performing group is responsible for royalty payments. A letter confirming permission from the publisher or playwright must be included.
• A clean copy of the script must be delivered by the January 31st deadline. Photocopies will only be accepted for an original script. Outlines for collective creations will be accepted, but may not be eligible for Outstanding Original Script. Improvised shows are not eligible.
• Make cheques payable to the Pumphouse Theatres Society.
• Participants who are members of CAEA, ACTRA, or IATSE are not eligible to participate.
• Plays must be one act in length. Performances between 10 and 60 minutes. No excerpts.
• Each group is responsible for supplying its own technicians for stage management and light and sound operation. We can provide training to operators.
• Each show must be set up in 10 minutes and struck in 5 minutes.
• Casts shall be predominantly adult and from CALGARY.
• All performances and participants must adhere to the ADFA Rules and Guidelines. More information can be found on the ADFA website: https://adfa.ca/about/rules-regulation/
Awards & prizes are presented for Outstanding Production, Outstanding Director, Outstanding Performances, Outstanding Technical Merit, and Outstanding Original Script!
Registration for the Calgary Region One-Act Play Festival
at the Pumphouse Theatre (2140 Pumphouse Ave SW)
Starts Wednesday September 18th, 2019 @ Noon
Registration will close when all slots are filled or by January 31st, 2020. Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
For more information including One-Act Play Festival rules and regulations, and the registration form, please feel free to email [email protected].