TORONTO — StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, today released its fourth-annual preview of the fall concert landscape in Canada, breaking down the most in-demand touring acts and shows of fall 2018. The fall touring season features every genre imaginable, with top acts from country to hip-hop all making the list of StubHub’s most in-demand acts in Canada.
Top highlights include:
- K-pop supergroup, BTS, continue their world domination by leading both the top-selling acts and top-selling shows lists.
- Baby boomer icons Elton John and Paul McCartney populate half of the top selling shows list.
- Foo Fighters and Drake continue their momentum from summer, landing at #4 and #5, respectively, on the top selling acts list.
Fall 2018 Top Selling Acts in Canada
Based on total sales on StubHub for 2018 Canada tour dates from September 3 to November 30.
- Elton John
- Paul McCartney
- Foo Fighters
- Bruno Mars
- Phil Collins
- Fleetwood Mac
- Keith Urban
By the Numbers: Breaking Down the Top 10 Lists
K-Pop Conquers Canada
- South Korean boyband sensation, BTS, takes the top spot over Elton John, outselling the legendary performer and his farewell tour by 5 percent.
- All three of BTS’s tour dates in Canada make StubHub’s top-10 selling list, including the #1 show overall, proving the K-pop invasion has officially hit Canada.
“As we see one legend wrap up a remarkable career with Elton John taking the number two spot, it is fascinating to watch the rapid rise of an entire genre in North America as BTS represented our top selling fall concert act in Canadathis year,” said Jeff Poirier, General Manager of Music & Theatre for StubHub. “In both cases, there’s a chance for fans to get out and experience history this fall, providing stories to share for a lifetime.”
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
- Elton John beats his third-place standing from last year’s fall list thanks to his farewell tour stops in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec City.
- Showing no signs of slowing down, Paul McCartney takes StubHub’s #3 position, beating out some of today’s biggest hit-makers like Foo Fighters, Drake, Beyonce and Jay-Z.
Country and Hip Hop Still Struggle to Compete with Pop and Rock
- Drake at #4 is the only hip-hop artist on the top-ten list, while Keith Urban (#10) represents the sole country artist.
Breakdown by City
Regional differences are alive and well this fall, with a range of artists topping the list of the most in-demand acts in each major Canadian city:
Toronto Top Fall Shows
- BTS – September 22, 2018 @ FirstOntario Centre
- Elton John – September 25, 2018 @ Scotiabank Arena
- BTS – September 20, 2018 @ FirstOntario Centre
- BTS – September 23, 2018 @ FirstOntario Centre
- Elton John – September 26, 2018 @ Scotiabank Arena
Montreal/Quebec City Top Fall Shows
- Paul McCartney – September 20, 2018 @ Bell Centre
- Elton John – October 4, 2018 @ Bell Centre
- Drake with Migos – September 4, 2018 @ Bell Centre
- Phil Collins – October 16, 2018 @ Bell Centre
- Elton John – September 29, 2018 @ Videotron Centre
Vancouver Top Fall Shows
- Foo Fighters – September 8, 2018 @ Rogers Arena
- Drake with Migos – November 3, 2018 @ Rogers Arena
- Beyoncé & Jay Z – October 2, 2018 @ BC Place Stadium
- Drake with Migos – November 4, 2018 @ Rogers Arena
- Fleetwood Mac – November 14, 2018 @ Rogers Arena
Looking for a Deal?
Fans looking to score tickets to their favourite top-10 artists without breaking the bank have plenty of options this fall. Here are the top five most affordable fall dates featuring top-10 artists:
- Paul McCartney – September 28, 2018 @ Bell MTS Place – $20.80 (Upper 317)
- Drake – September 4, 2018 @ Bell Centre – $37.00 (Upper 406)
- Metallica – September 13, 2018 @ Bell MTS Place – $49.95 (Upper 330)
- Foo Fighters – September 4, 2018 @ Rogers Place – $54.00 (Upper 210)
- Keith Urban – September 19, 2018 @ Bell MTS Place – $69.95 (Upper 319)
Data for all trends is based on sales for Canada tour dates on StubHub that take place from Labor Day to November 30.
At StubHub, our mission is simple: bring the joy of live to fans globally. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they’ll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool, and the first live entertainment rewards program. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Paciolan, and now the Tessitura Network. StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience throughout the world. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.