Film submissions for Hot Docs 2018 are open.
Please note that deadlines and fees may have changed from previous years. Please review the below before submitting a film.
Submission Fees & Deadlines
|NOV 15||DEC 6||JAN 8|
|Short (1-40 min)||$25||$35||$55|
|Feature and Mid-Length (41+ min)||$55||$100||$150|
Please note that HST taxes (13%) are not included in the above fees. All deadlines are postmark deadlines.
- must have been completed after January 1, 2017
- must be at minimum Toronto premieres (i.e. cannot have been screened publicly in Toronto prior to the 2018 Festival, including broadcast versions of any length)
- must not be available online in any form (this includes DVDs for purchase in any region). Not applicable for short film submissions.
- must be in English, subtitled in English or English versioned (non-English language films may be submitted with an English transcript; however, if selected for Hot Docs, it must be subtitled or dubbed into English at the applicant’s expense)
- may not have submitted to the Festival previously in any stage of completion (i.e. films that were submitted as rough cuts will not be reconsidered)